Key Objectives and Purpose:
To support and work closely with the Chief Amazement Officer to ensure the business is supported in all areas and to ensure it continues to be efficient, popular with its clients, maintains growth and profitability.
Reporting to the Chief Amazement Officer, this Event Manager will see you taking on the day-to-day responsibility of a range of corporate events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing events from brief to delivery.
- Maintaining client communication throughout each project.
- Developing event programmes and managing timelines.
- Contracting and negotiating with key suppliers.
- Managing relationships with suppliers such as venues, DMCs, caterers, AV suppliers, etc.
- Ensuring smooth delegate registration process including delegate logistics.
- Overseeing an Event Executive in a project basis.
- Delivering projects onsite and internationally.
- Managing and reconciling event budgets.
- Being accountable for each event ROI.
- Using your strong questioning and listening skills to deeply understand client needs, spot opportunities and close deals.
- Ensure outstanding operational excellence
- Compliance with all company policies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and discretion, flexibility and efficiency
- Well organised and pro-active thought processes
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a sense of humour throughout
- Calm and confident
- Initiative and a can-do attitude
- Previous administration experience
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent technology proficiency including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with MAC based systems
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines
- A proven track record in event management.
- The ability to plan, manage projects and prioritise conflicting deadlines and to deal effectively with changing requirements.
- The ability to build up client and supplier relationships, and negotiate the best possible prices.
- Knowledge of a CRM data base is preferred but not essential.
- A consultative, open approach, and experience in new business generation.
- Experience of navigating your way through large and small corporate structures to establish and nurture new client relationships.
- A good understanding of general marketing and business development principals.
- Strong numeracy skills and proven ability to manage budgets, identify savings and provide value for money.
- Exceptionally strong communication, presentation, negotiation, writing and closing skills.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams to deliver complex client business solutions.
- Experience of navigating your way through large and small corporate structures to establish and nurture new client relationships
Weeks Hours and Benefits
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Please note this role requires travel which may incorporate an earlier start or a later finish (Flexible working can be offered to the right candidate)
- 25 days holiday excluding birthday & bank holiday’s
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Uncapped, performance related bonus
- FAM trips both UK and overseas
- 35 flexible working hours that complement the business needs
- Pension scheme