Who we are
Oxera advises companies, policymakers, regulators and lawyers on any economic issue connected with competition, finance or regulation. We have been doing this for forty years, gathering deep and wide-ranging knowledge as we expand into new sectors. We have a reputation for credibility and integrity among those we advise, and among key decision-makers, such as policymakers, regulators and courts.
Today we have offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Hamburg, Rome, Milan, London, Oxford and Paris, with consultants from more than 25 countries, and are able to advise our international clients in a highly flexible way, including providing advice in several languages.
Purpose of the role
This role will contribute to our ambition of becoming the European economics and finance consultancy that leading business, policymakers, regulators and law firms across the globe turn to with high profile and complex issues. Delivering a blended approach to events is crucial, so, the emphasis will be on an appreciation of the ongoing value of both face-to-face and digital connections.
You will be tasked with delivering events that:
i. raise the profile of the firm across Europe and beyond, by putting Oxera at the forefront of the narrative on market developments, trends and important themes, within the context of our core expertise areas;
ii. differentiate Oxera and its experts from our competitors, by focusing on the whole delegate experience and creating different forms of engagement;
iii. facilitate conversations with both prospective and current clients and increase brand awareness amongst influential market participants, and;
iv. elevate complex content designed to upskill and inform our target audience on an array of issues connected with competition, finance or regulation.
What you will be doing
Delivering a high-quality client experience through our events programme by liaising with, and building a productive relationship with colleagues to support the delivery of events in line with our strategy and ambition;
Supporting our firm’s wider understanding of marketing and business development (MBD) tactics, and how events can be used to increased brand awareness and generate new business.
To ensure success here you will need to:
- Deliver a diverse portfolio of events including online, hybrid and in-person formats.
- Have strong event delivery experience and understand the process of organising an event from concept to delivery.
- Be onsite for all events in the UK or Europe to implement event set up and execution.
- Be confident in building and managing event budgets.
- Source venues, negotiate rates and build relationships to ensure best value for the business.
- Create strong project plans and timelines to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Execute marketing plans and produce high quality copy for each event to raise awareness and attract delegates.
- Co-ordinate, consolidate and manage all event literature.
- Have and maintain excellent supplier relationships including liaising and coordinating with venues, catering, AV suppliers, printers and speakers.
- Work collaboratively with other teams at Oxera to ensure the successful delivery of all events ensuring we always differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
- Work with and support the Event Programme Manager to build a robust and versatile annual events programme.
- Contribute to the management and execution of event profile raising both internally and externally.
- Manage strategic sponsorship opportunities, ensuring they are maximised and objectives are met.
- Take responsibility for operational and day-to-day activities relating to Oxera’s events.
- Identify and share potential business development opportunities presented by delegates at events or courses.
- Monitor delegate feedback and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Support the MBD Manager(s) and the team in delivering the MBD strategy.
What we are looking for
- You will have 3-6 years of relevant event experience having worked on live events as well as hybrid and online only.
- You will be able to manage multiple complex projects, and deliver a busy event programme simultaneously.
- You will pride yourself on the quality and outcomes of your work, bring exemplary planning, organising, project and time management skills to the table, and have a proven ability to meet deadlines within budget, across multiple priorities.
- You will demonstrate creative flair and innovation for events – often thinking outside of the box to create content driven, memorable business events.
- Be someone who is comfortable in developing productive and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. For example, partners and senior leaders, consultancy team members, external events representatives from partnering organisations such as law firms, associations and corporates, advisors and academics, influential speakers and delegates, and other operational team members.
- An ability to communicate with clarity, to listen and where possible maximise the value from different perspectives from our colleagues, and then subsequently advise on the best way forward.
- Strong situational awareness and anticipation of when to identify and draw on support as well as an ability to collaborate for individual impact and outcomes.
- Be able to work out of different locations and travel across the UK and the rest of Europe to run each event. This may involve overnight stays and some evening and weekend work but your well-being will be front of mind.
Experience and qualifications
- Be an experienced event organiser with a track record of having organised and taken briefs for a variety of targeted events, including conferences, webinars, training courses, seminars, dinners, partner events and discussion forums.
- Experience using design tools (e.g. InDesign, illustrator and Canva) social media, campaign tools (e.g. MailChimp and Active Campaign) and working within a content management system (WordPress) is advantageous.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills—someone who enjoys building relationships and is comfortable dealing with people across a range of experience and skillsets.
What we will offer you
- A growing, well-regarded firm, with a role that has a strong purpose and is motivated by the impact of our work on our clients.
- Transformative leadership that provides you with the confidence and skills to develop events and make them your own.
- A highly collaborative, diverse, entrepreneurial, and ambitious team of people. We are committed to fostering a stimulating work environment where creativity and innovation are encouraged to develop business opportunity and effectiveness.
- A supportive and inclusive culture, where you will be embraced for who you are and encouraged to make an impact, where you are at your best. You will be listened to, appreciated and valued by us.
- Flexible and remote working options, with opportunities for travel across our European offices.
- Employee engagement hub with a wellbeing centre, discounts and recognition program, as well as meaningful employer pension and health insurance contributions.
- Continuous learning and development – you will be empowered to develop yourself professionally, for this role and beyond, and will be supported as an individual with the useful tools and mentorship.
- Regular team social activities and events, locally and across the whole firm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Yearly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London