Onsite Technical Manager
Salary upto £30,000pa
- Job location: Midlands
- Employement type: Full Time
RefTech Onsite Technical Managers take ownership for projects whilst onsite with our clients and are responsible for making sure we keep to the plan and their expectations to ensure smooth running of their event registration. Although our main role is to make sure things work from a technical point of view, all RefTech Onsite Technicians/Managers have a ‘can do’ attitude and go above and beyond whilst getting stuck in. You will be key to ensuring our clients and internal teams enjoy a quality RefTech Experience. One that is organised, proactive and communicative.
Onsite technical managers are the people who make things happen and remove road blocks for our clients and staff so they can complete the job they’re supposed to. Ultimately, ensuring a great working environment and happy teams, suitable for the project in hand.
A typical cycle
There is no such thing as a typical day but your role in delivering an event for RefTech starts with liaison with our projects team to get the full brief on the event. You will then gather all the kit needed and set it up at our office to ensure everything works together and make it more efficient onsite.
We’ll then box it up, load it onto one of our vans and drive to the event, which might be as close as Birmingham or as far as Prague or beyond. (Equally there are times when the kit is shipped out and you’ll fly to meet it)!
When at the venue you’re responsible for setting all the equipment up as agreed with the organisers and then making sure that registration runs as smoothly as possible, even though you may well be the only person from RefTech you’ll be part of the client’s team onsite presenting a united front to everyone else.
After the close of the event you’ll pack everything away and bring it back to Tamworth, where you’ll ensure everything is returned, data backed up and removed from equipment. Then report numbers and expenses back to projects and completing a brief post show report for future reference. Then do it all again for someone else somewhere else!
You will also support our project management team when time allows, this will include pre-event logistics, badge production, setting up of scanner site, assisting with support enquiries.
Results we expect
- Events /Projects delivered on time and in line with client’s requirements & expectations
- Teams well prepared and equipped to go to site with correct materials
- Project documentation including project plans, equipment schedules kept up-to-date
- Happy clients who love working with RefTech
- A happy RefTech team who enjoy their job
- Promotion of the RefTech brand and values at all times
- Positive and constructive client and team feedback shared with the RefTech Leadership team at all times
- Projects to be wrapped up neatly and completed including returns and restocking
- A neat and tidy storeroom with all equipment accounted for
What will you be really great at?
Attention to detail, Common sense, Self-motivated, Quick learner, Incredibly organised, Fantastic communication skills, high level of diplomacy and trust. Above all else the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure when required.
What experience you will have:
- Experience in previous onsite technician / manager role would be beneficial but not essential. Alternatively, exposure or experience in similar roles or on project teams where you’ve had to demonstrate the above behavioural competencies
- Excellent language skills – previous experience in project documentation with very strong written English
- Experience of networking computer equipment
- Experienced in multi-tasking and prioritising workload and resources
- Experience in a client facing role – managing expectations and communicating effectively with key clients and other stakeholders
- Shared RefTech Values – see the ‘About Us’ page on our website
- Full UK Driving Licence, Passport and willingness to travel
- Knowledge of Windows OS
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to network computer equipment including add/remove/manage printers
- Ability to troubleshoot computer related issues and give concise account of issues to assist with further troubleshooting
- Based in Tamworth but unfazed by travelling worldwide - occasionally with colleagues.
- Flexibility – this is not a ‘9-5 job’ and the role will involve working away from home for week long periods, event seasons are busy and you may be required to return from one job to go straight out to the next one.
What’s in it for you?
RefTech is a cloud-based event registration and badging company based in the UK but working, literally, across the globe. We aim to be the most technologically advanced registration company in the world. Our goal is to make life easier for organisers of meetings, exhibitions and events where registration and badging are necessary. Not only will you be working alongside some of the best people in the industry, but you will also get:
- RefTech Company Benefits (Pension, Health Cover etc.)
- A salary that is competitive (dependent on experience )
- A tailored individual training, progression and development plan
- The chance to have an impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- The opportunity to work on ‘world first’ Events
- Work with people who love what they do every day
If you think you’ve got what it takes, even if you don’t have ALL of the skills listed (but you’re a fast learner and with the right support, know you could get up to speed quickly!) then send us a covering letter explaining why, including your salary expectations and your latest CV. Please also quote the word GLOBAL on your application.
Agencies / recruiters – we know you’d love to help so we’ll get in touch with you if we need your services. Thanks for understanding.
Look forward to hearing from you,