Project Manager - Tradeshows
- Office based with some home working and onsite at events
About Outsourced Events
For over 21 years, we have been delivering high-quality live events to some of the largest technology and association organisations. Working for Outsourced Events is not just a job. Our success has only been made possible thanks to the dedication and passion of our employees, who we consider to be members of the “OE Family”. We work hard and laugh often as we strive to deliver exceptional events and experiences.
This is a great opportunity to join our London B2B Events Agency in an exciting growth phase. We pride ourselves on our close relationships with our clients, many of which are global players. To support our ongoing growth, we are now looking to strengthen the team by recruiting a Project Manager for tradeshows to help manage our client’s on site presence at various global exhibitions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a great candidate to join the events team and to make an impact. You will be involved from the get-go working on some fantastic projects with some great clients such as VIAVI Solutions, PagerDuty, Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions, Spot by NetApp and TrialBee.
Working with the client lead for each project, you’ll be driving the development of each client’s stand and on site presence, sourcing stand builders where appropriate and working closely with the key contact and other team members to deliver their vision for a successful event.
Ideally, you'll be available to start right away. You will have a strong background in project management and managing clients’ onsite.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Planning, managing and delivering trade show presence for key clients
- Working closely with the Event Directors/Managers responsible for the client relationships to understand each project requirements
- Supporting the development of systems and processes to record, monitor and track the progress of each exhibition project
- Setting up project plans in our project planning tool Monday.com
- Liaising with event organisers to understand package deliverables
- Working under the direction of the client lead to obtain pricing, create estimates, place orders, obtain confirmations and generally co-ordinate show presence (eg electrics, carpeting, cleaning, labour, material handling, rigging) online and by telephone
- Regularly and proactively communicating project status with all stakeholders
- Running calls with the client, sharing the project status and updating them on progress.
- Providing updates to be included in weekly client status reports submitted in a timely fashion.
- Developing an estimated budget for each project and tracking estimates vs actuals on a weekly basis
- Working with the OE Finance Team to ensure that the costs are invoiced to the client quickly to ensure that payment is received in good time to pay all suppliers before going onsite – and to ensure that OE is not out of pocket
- Organising additional support staff as needed and any audience engagement activities on the stand
- Consolidating, co-ordinating and processing inventory and equipment requests
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are monitored and maintained
- Evaluating and reporting on the success of each event and considering areas of improvement
- Attending tradeshows when appropriate to oversee the set up and manage the stand presence throughout the days of the event
- Post event reporting and delivery of required data adhering to GDPR requirements
- The role does not require stand design although you will be expected to use your knowledge and experience to advise on design proposals
NB: The above list is not intended to be exhaustive - each project is different.
- At least five years’ experience of planning, managing and running all aspects of trade show attendance
- Excellent team player with strong people management skills
- Understanding of shell scheme design and spatial management practices
- Experience of developing and managing budgets
- Strong communication skills particularly face-to-face
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind
- Ability to digest information and present it within PowerPoint in a clear and logical fashion whilst ensuring consistency of format and branding
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to work without heavy supervision
- Good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
- Hard working and dedicated team player
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Shares the same values and ethos as the rest of the team
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Previous tradeshow stand management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for events and the desire to deliver an excellent service
Salary: dependent upon experience
OE Benefits: Small friendly team, pension scheme, 25 days holiday, birthday day off, generous in lieu and overnight pay policy, team activities, personal development plan, access to onsite gym.
Position contact: Sue Frye, Director, [email protected]