Senior Event Manager
Salary c. £45,000 subject to experience
- Job location: South West
- Employement type: Full Time
- Remote working
We’re a small, welcoming team working on a diverse range of events from virtual healthcare meetings to festival style summer parties and every other kind of event in between. We have a strong base in green technology and education as well as the healthcare and cosmetics sectors.
In the last two years much of our work transferred online and we’ve added live streams, virtual events and engagement packs to the list of services we provide. However, we’ve seen a strong return of live events and anticipate continuing to work on a mix of live and online events.
You’ll work across a range of events, managing your own projects and clients as well as supporting the rest of the team.
The job will involve …
- producing live and online events from start to finish
- managing your own events on site and online in a client facing role
- researching and writing creative proposals
- producing and commissioning event content in a variety of formats including video
- sourcing, programming and managing digital event platforms
- co-ordinating technical production and event logistics
- sourcing, commissioning and managing sub-contractors
- responsible for budgets, invoicing and meeting financial targets
- venue and accommodation finding and booking
- delegate management and communication including use of online registration platforms
- compliance with the ABPI Code of Practice and a good working knowledge of its implications for our healthcare clients
- building your own network, relationships and identifying business opportunities
- supporting and developing junior members of the team and new starters
A more detailed job description is available on request.
Here’s a list of some of the tangible skills and experience we’d expect from an applicant …
- a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar agency or in-house role working at a senior level
- transferable skills and a willingness to learn new skills and processes
- experience of working within the healthcare sector or other highly regulated sectors [ABPI Code of Practice training wins bonus points!]
- a solid understanding of the commercial agency and corporate environments
- dependable project management skills, with an eye for process and detail
- a confident communicator, with excellent writing and presentation skills
- a creative thinker - by that we mean someone who asks the right questions and interrogates the answers
- experience of managing budgets, contracts and negotiations
- experience of producing online events
- experience of producing event content inc video
- ability to incrementally improve, evolve and refresh repeat events
Here’s a list of some of the personal traits we’ll be looking out for …
- You’ll be confident and comfortable talking to clients and be able to build strong relationships
- You’ll enjoy the freedom of managing your own accounts and projects from start to finish.
- You’ll relish the opportunity to develop your own skills and experience, as well as grow your network;
- You’ll have a hands-on approach to project management, with a positive can-do attitude;
- You’ll understand our ethos whilst bringing your own creativity and personality to the team;
- You’ll be comfortable working in a small team;
- You’ll take a keen interest in the event industry, follow trends and understand how live and online events fit into the wider marketing mix
Here’s a list of some of the benefits of working at Bright …
- light, airy, riverside office at Paintworks
- a competitive salary
- contributory pension scheme
- 29 days holiday inc bank holidays
- birthday day off [and presents!]
- bonuses at Christmas
- training and development opportunities, including fam trips and trade shows
- office socials
- an opportunity to become an integral part of our growing company and share in our future successes
- a tab at our local coffee shop
- you can even bring your dog to work if they’re well-behaved!
You’ll initially be office based but will have the opportunity to find the best place to work once you’ve settled in - as events demand, you will be expected to work onsite, which will include long days, nights away and occasionally a weekend for which you’ll be compensated with days in lieu.
If this is you, please send us your CV and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
Applications to be received by Friday 07 April, applications will not be accepted without a covering letter.
No agencies please.