Friday 29 November, 2019
London Convention Bureau today welcomed international agencies and The Delegate Wranglers to new hotel, the Treehouse London for a Future of London breakfast.
Amongst some of the things discussed were details about the key city strategy, event projects and new developments taking place during the next couple of years in London, as well as distributing some useful content to support key bookers pitch the capital for future events.
During a really informative morning, some of the take home messages included:
- London Tech week welcomed over 58,000 attendees in 2019 – and looking to grow again in 2020 with some exciting events and partnerships to showcase London and the UK’s leadership in tech
- London investment and expertise in medical is helping the city attract new conferences and associations. And White City will host next new cluster of life science and creative businesses developing in West London!
- Useful to hear about London sustainability strategy focusing on zero emissions by 2050 and reducing food waste with 2025 targets. Also how London Convention Bureau are supporting their hospitality community with city policy
- Esports and gaming is growing fast in the UK and London…London Games Festival, EGX, Fifa eWorld Cup finals and Pokémon have come or are coming to the capital!
- Huge new developments taking place across London; East bank in the Queen Elizabeth Park, Battersea Power Station, Olympia, Royal Docks – should be some great new opportunities for event organisers considering London
Huge thanks to London Convention Bureau, the Treehouse London and all the attendees of this informative meeting.
For further information please contact Paul Black, Head of Business Events: [email protected]