The Tomorrow’s Talent initiative,
run in partnership with M&IT, champions exceptional emerging talent within the industry to help nurture and support the leaders of the future.
Tomorrow’s Talent – now in its fifth year - puts the spotlight on rising stars within the meetings and events industry and provides them with unbeatable opportunities to progress further in their careers. This year’s competition was open to any talented event planner or buyer aged 30 and under, or with three years or less experience working in the industry.
The 10 winners of Tomorrow’s Talent 2023 are:
- Laura Pike, senior project manager, DRPG
- Becca Shinner, events officer, Alzheimer's Research UK
- Harriet Warren, team leader - venue find, Reed & Mackay
- Lucrezia Manzo, conferences & events co-ordinator, Regent's Conferences & Events
- Alex Chesters, director/founder, Palace Events
- Jenna Border, senior account manager, DRPG
- Ella Wilson, venue finding specialist, Ace Bookings
- Malcolm Farrell-Mitchell, senior business development manager, UK & Europe, Business Events Perth
- Amy Woodthorpe, managing director, Venues For Business T/A Search & Source
- Jessica Hobday, co-founder, VBX Events
Entries were judged by a panel of leading industry experts, who are Paul Harvey, editor, M&IT; Patrick Delaney, managing partner, SoolNua; Leigh Cowlishaw, managing partner, Black Box Partnerships; Priya Narain, co-founder, Event First Steps; Gabby Austen-Browne, founder, Diversity Alliance and Gracia Kabongo, Tomorrow’s Talent 2019 winner and events manager, Wates Group.
All entrants were assessed for their achievements to date, ability to face challenges, drive and ambition, engagement with the wider industry and the future impact they could make.
Jack Marczewski, event director, The Meetings Show, said : “Congratulations to our list of worthy winners, who represent the finest examples of emerging talent within the business meetings and events industry.
“On behalf of The Meetings Show and our expert panel of judges, I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to enter the competition, or who nominated a colleague. We received a record-breaking number of entries for Tomorrow’s Talent this year and the calibre was exceptionally high, demonstrating breadth of talent across this industry and making it incredibly tough for our judges to choose just 10 winners.
“It is a privilege to be able to shine a spotlight on such strong talent and offer an opportunity to the winners to develop and grow even more within the industry. W e look forward to welcoming them to this year’s show and supporting them through their careers.”
The Tomorrow’s Talent winners will be invited as VIPs to The Meetings Show at ExCeL London on 28 and 29 June. The prize includes an invitation to a celebratory lunch and publicity and profile-building opportunities.