Since the arrival of the Romans over 2000 years ago and the discovery of the therapeutic value of the soothing thermal spa, the site has evolved to now be the home of the beautiful grade 1 listed Georgian, Buxton Crescent Hotel. Following a £78m refurbishment of the original 1789 building, designed as the centrepiece of the 5th Duke of Devonshire’s plan for Buxton, the current hotel open in Summer 2020.
Rich with heritage the hotel has 81 beautifully furnished bedrooms including 8 suites, the hotel seamlessly combines modern comforts with gracious hospitality. The hotels 7 elegantly decorated meeting rooms, suitable for 8 to 180pax filled with period Georgian features including high ceilings and large sash windows with the jewel in the crown being the 18th century Assembly Room and Blue Room, are all fully airconditioned with Wi-Fi throughout.
The calm & tranquil surroundings of the spa will restore and protect the wellbeing of your delegates, leaving them relaxed and enriched and ready to make the most from their time at the hotel. With a wide range of treatments, 3 pools (1x outdoor) including an ancient spring fed thermal pool, sauna’s & steam rooms, gym & studio.
Were you impressed with The Buxton Crescent Spa Hotel & Old Hall Hotel?
If so, give them a DW Superstar and leave them a testimonial here. All comments are moderated by The Delegate Wranglers team and may take up to 24 hours.
FAQs answered by The Buxton Crescent Spa Hotel & Old Hall Hotel
- Closest Mainline Railway Station
- 1hr 20 mins from London to Macclesfield Macclesfield - 9 miles (arriving over one of the nicest drives in the country - Cat & Fiddle) Branch line from Manchester into Buxton
- Closest Airport
- Manchester International Airport - 16.5 miles
- Is parking available at the hotel
- We have 60+ Valet parking spaces in a secure offsite carpark approximnatley 4 minutes walk away.
- Does the hotel have outdoor space
- Although the hotel does not have any large outdoor space, we are located in the Peak District with easy access to the open countryside within minutes. Immediately outside the hotel is the historical slopes created at the same time as the Crescent in 1780 with Buxton municipal park being a 30 second walk away.
- Do you have any of site activities
- We have a wide range of partner around the Peak District to offer your clients & delegates pretty much every countryside pursuit they may require and some they haven't even considered. Including, Wild Swimming, Foraging, Walking, Cycling, Gin Making, Yoga, Golf, Fishing and Shooting, Historical & Cultural visits as well as a collection of team building options. Please just ask.