The CHS Group, in partnership with the wider West Midland meetings and events industry, has launched a celebratory week for event professionals. The week coincides with the inaugural CHS Birmingham Show (26th October), and will be made up of satellite networking, educational and entertainment sessions across the region.
The week begins 25 October 2021 and coincides with the industry’s return to full capacity. Also, with CHS Birmingham taking place at the ICC Birmingham on day two of the week, many event professionals from across the country will be together, in the city, for the first time for over a year.
“We’ve really started to see Birmingham as the spiritual home of the UK events industry, so it’s a fitting place for this, its official ‘return to work’ week,” commented Emma Cartmell, Founder &CEO, CHS Group. “This city not only has one of the longest histories of events activities, but it’s also got a great future in front of it. The timing is ideal now for us to not only launch a new show, but also create a festival of activity for our great industry.”
CHS is once again collaborating with ICC Birmingham as part of the week long itinerary, but also bringing together the industry’s key trade associations. The theme of the week will be to celebrate:
- The very best of UK events
- The reuniting and re-emergence of the meetings and events industry and the hundreds of thousands of professionals who work within it
- That our £70 billion industry is back in business and set to once again be one of the engines of the
national economic recovery
- The industry’s special heritage in Birmingham and the city’s own exciting future for events including the 2022 Commonwealth Games
- The tireless work of the industry’s trade associations and the many other commercial collaborations
The CHS Meetings & Events Industry Week will be collaboration between the one-day national Show, CHS Birmingham and partners, within the meetings and events industry, of the wider CHS Group. The week will include:
- A series of industry events held within the region throughout the week of CHS Birmingham
- Educational seminars, workshops and networking events
- Filmed interviews, panel discussions, podcasts and webinars from the CHS Birmingham Show floor and throughout the week
- Association meet-ups, board meetings or monthly / quarterly meetings
- Companies in the industry meeting up for sales and business development planning and team meetings
- A catalyst for businesses to get back in touch with their networks and meet, face-to-face, potentially without restriction, for one of the first times in over 20 months
“We’re so grateful to the work done by so many industry associations and bodies over the last 18 months, and we wanted to give them a platform to come together in a more positive environment,” continued Emma. “We’re grateful for their support and look forward to seeing them, and their members in Birmingham in the autumn.
More info on CHS Birmingham HERE